Sunday 11 August 2013

The Great Gatsby looks - in love with the past

It was only yesterday that I saw, The Great Gatsby. I know, I'm a little late, haha. But that is not important - the important thing is the ideas and the style-inspiration the film brings about.




 The sequinted flapper dresses describe the 1920s fashionwise. When you move, the dress moves with you, and since they did a lot of dancing, it was a really spectacular thing to see. This all screams "Glamour!", and that's what the era is all about. Glamour. Sparkling headbands, sparkling dresses and shoes, luxe, and the desire to have it all. 
The dresses I've chosen, are in my opinion, the contemporary version of Dasy Buchanan's warderobe. The film has inspired so many young women to bring back the freedom, glamour and the entire spirit of the era just by putting on a dress. So here are my choises.
1. A flapper dress with a dropped waist. In a way, it expresses the femininity - the colours and the silhouette are both very girly, and not too bold.
2. Nude sequin embellished dress from Dorothy Perkins. This one is a little more extravagant and sparkly, but still feminine enough.
3. And the boldest of them all - the ultimate flapper dress - ever so glamorous, sparkling, with the typical 1920s flapper style patters - the Jigsaw Sequin Flapper Dress.

I hope this Great Gatsby trend inspired you to experiment, and buy some 1920's-like items! What do you think of the trend?

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!If you would like to take part my link is:
    http://soitssarah98.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my babblings, I try to answer every signle comment, so make sure you leave one (and a blog link as I love checking new blogs out)! Love, Hristina!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...