Thursday 8 August 2013

HOTD: Bright, bright red; Dyed hair tips and tricks.

I don't know about you, but I have never dyed my hair (except for some highlights a looong time ago). I have a very irrational fear of doing so. Cowardly, I know :/. However, as I am crazy about redheads, and I haven't done a HOTD post in a long time, thanks to my friend Polly, I'll be introducing you to Garnier's Color Sensation hairdye a HOTD, and some at-home hairdying tips and tricks!

Photo by Polly



The Garnier Color Sensation series are not ammonia free, which promises a longer-lasting color, and better coverage. They does a good job even for very fair hair - the Intense Ruby one was applied onto light blonde hair, and the results were a very bright red and excellent coverage. However, if you have damaged hair, I'd reccomend ammonia-free hairdye for less damage.

Photo by Polly


 These are the bright, bright red results! Shiny and healthy looking dyed hair like this, however, requires a lot of care and pamperig, if you will. I've done some research and asked around my girls who dye their hair and here are some useful tips and tricks:

1. Use haircare products for dyed hair, many people neglect that, but they do make a difference. If you're blonde, using purple shampoo is great for toning the haircolor and knocking out the brassy tones. The Lee Stafford one is great!
2. If you're dying your hair at home and not at a salon, make sure you apply some vaseline around your forehead and ears to avoid dye-stains on your face! Pretty handy trick.
3. If you get split ends, or dry straw-like hair use coconut oil masks, they work wonders! Or, buy a jar of unrefined coconut oil, melt some and leave it in for 15-20 minutes. I hear Nutiva's coconut oil is of pretty nice quality, give it a try.
4. Use masks that preserve the color of your dyed hair. This way, it lasts much longer and you get the "salon" look. Garnier have a great range of dyed hair masks and conditioners!

I hope you found this useful, and if you have any tips and tricks, or favorite hairdye brands, feel free to share! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my babblings, I try to answer every signle comment, so make sure you leave one (and a blog link as I love checking new blogs out)! Love, Hristina!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...