Sunday 25 August 2013

Say 'yes' to truly organic beauty!

So, tons of brands are now offering organic cosmetics series, it has become somewhat of a trend in recent years. However, some of them are not purely organic at all, they still put some perservants in them, most of which are bad for your skin. People who have extremely sensitive skin will know what I'm talking about - redness, rashes, itches and such, even after buying the so-called "organics". I'm not saying everything out there labeled "organic" is not, but quite frequently, that's the case.

So, I've come to the conclusion that it is better to make at least some of the skincare/haircare things you use, because you'll be sure of their origins. And for those of you who are a bit lazy, like me, I've found a great Italian organic brand I recently used! I'll do some research and find some more if you're interested. But for now, here are my suggestions for purely organic products!

1. Coconut oil: I'm a huge fan of coconut oil. You can use it for pretty much anything - skincare, haricare, even cooking (only unrefined oil, though), but in my opinion it works best as a hair mask. For long hair, use a tablespoon/teaspoon of it, melt it, then apply it to your hair. Leave it in for an hour or so, you can even sleep with it in your hair for an even deeper repair therapy. It does wonders, I swear. Especially if you have split ends. Also if you have stretch marks, don't spend a ridiculour amount of money on products, treat them with coconut oil twice a day, and they'll be gone in a month or so!
2. Sugar scrubs: These are probably the easiest DIY things ever. This one is an all-natural detoxifying coffee sugar scrub, and it's on sale at Maria's Self store, so you can buy one if you're lazy like me. If not, she has the recepie right here, it's really easy to make, all you need is coffer, brown sugar, cocoa butter, cinnamon and corn starch!
3. L'erbolario: As sceptical as I am towards organic brands, I've tired this one and it's amazing. Everything of theirs smells so good, I've tried their mint shampoo, the whole bathroom smelled like mint for a day! You should try them, I'm linking their UK site!

I hope you enjoyed, if you guys like organic stuff, I'll make another post for essential oils, as I'm crazy about them at the moment! xx

8 comments:

  1. I'll be interested in the Italian brand you mentioned above. I need to purchase more organic products, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely, they're purely organic, and they really work well on even sensitive sking/fine hair :)) Be sute to try them!

      Delete
  2. I'm a sucker for packaging and that top right photo has me lusting over the box let alone what's in it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the packaging is what made me buy their Mint shampoo in the first place!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, thanks so much for the feature, Hristina!!! And I'm also crazy in love with coconut oil;-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Maria, I hope you'll make more stuff, so there'll be more features!

      Delete
  4. Hello lovely!

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

    I have a wee question. With the coconut oil, how did it react with your hair? I tried to do a heat treatment with it but when it came to washing it out, it felt like it has stripped my hair? Any ideas?

    Beautiful blog! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it reacted pretty well with my hair, but it made it a little heavy, so I use it just when I damage my hair.
      When you make your mask make use it's room temperature :) Wash it thoroughly, and that should do it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read my babblings, I try to answer every signle comment, so make sure you leave one (and a blog link as I love checking new blogs out)! Love, Hristina!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...